Monday, April 05, 2010

I heart everyone

A hotbed topic, according to the Daily Star*
Immigration. Whats the big deal? The daily star says 'THIS COUNTRY IS FULL' (In bold lettering, crap, they must mean business)


Seriously. Go for a drive in the country.Not only will it do you good to get away from drinking Stella and wishing you were Peter Andre, but you will realise that there's plenty of space!

Now, obviously, I'm not saying it'd be good for the whole of England to become some kind of battery farm.
Actually, I plan on emigrating as soon as I'm qualified to do anything so I don't care.

But, when considering that, apparently, the non English speaking world considers the English to be pill popping, obese weirdos with an unhealthy obsession with our ex- prime minister (please see previous post, or click here ), i think we should take it as a compliment, that a few, educated, probably more attractive than us, enterprising people take it upon themselves to get to England by any means possible.

The length some people go to to get here is heartbreaking, and the fact that some people get kicked out is also heartbreaking. I'm sure I don't need to comment on the dodgy boats, drug smuggling, trading in your life savings and goat farms that people are prepared to go through. I think the effort deserves a reward.

My boss thinks that it should become like a game show....'Overcome Sharks, hurricanes, malnutrition, scurvy and CUSTOMS...and win a lifetimes supply of ENGLAND!!!!!!

Ill leave you to decide whether that's funny or immoral.

I should probably point out that all my best friends are foreign, and probably wouldn't have been able to live in England if the daily star had had their way.

No comments: