Thursday, May 15, 2008

American Politics

Carls post on the US democratic candidate contest reminded me of this:

Don't watch if you'd be offended by a Christina Aguilera Music Video

I don't remember anyone doing ntyhing like that for Blair/Brown/Cameron. You gotta hand it to her for dedication. Or trying to make a music career. this is why I think America/ns are fabulous, albeit nuts. And soooo much more passtionate about politcs than the Brits. Or, at least, my generation. A couple of months ago I sat in a Taxi in New York for 30 minutes inbetween two american students, I learned a lot about The American Political Situation, and it did suprise me that at such a young age they were so passionate.

But maybe it used to be like that in the 'old days' in the UK. When clearing out my nan's house, me and my Dad found his GCSE maths book, 'Graffiti'd' with slogans of support for the Labour Party and its leader of the time, Harold Wilson. Haha.

No comments: